Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers

Go Back   Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific) - Sponsored by aDigitaLife.com Audio Visual Suppliers > General > Satellite Chat

Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #31
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

Yeah Rai italia was actually next to TVE spain and portugal over 2 years ago. Rai international has change its frequency i believe 2years ago so its on a different course of frequency. Rai is still there allways. You just need to scan and perhaps blind scan if you can't view it.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #32
bartolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vosgresenivk View Post
Yeah Rai italia was actually next to TVE spain and portugal over 2 years ago. Rai international has change its frequency i believe 2years ago so its on a different course of frequency. Rai is still there allways. You just need to scan and perhaps blind scan if you can't view it.
My poor old decoder (Strong SRT4800MKII) doesn't have blind scan

edit: ok found this on another forum:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=82802

--------

Rai International moved to 3880 Hor SR 27500 on Asiasat-5.

they are 3 free Italian channels on Asiasat-5

3880Mhz => Rai International + Yes Italia
3960Mhz => EuroNews (select Italian audio)

-----------

One thing I've never worked out how to do with my decoder is change transponders from the remote's channel section without going into Installation menu.

Last edited by bartolo; 10-10-2011 at 05:37 AM.
bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:40 AM   #33
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolo View Post
My poor old decoder (Strong SRT4800MKII) doesn't have blind scan

edit: ok found this on another forum:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=82802

--------

Rai International moved to 3880 Hor SR 27500 on Asiasat-5.

they are 3 free Italian channels on Asiasat-5

3880Mhz => Rai International + Yes Italia
3960Mhz => EuroNews (select Italian audio)

-----------

One thing I've never worked out how to do with my decoder is change transponders from the remote's channel section without going into Installation menu.

Right. I don't watch rai italian. I used to. But Rai international is still there on AS5 but on a different frequency away from the european channels. So TVE spain ahs done the same with Rai. Even one of the Russian channels they change its frequencies and was advertice for a while that was back in 2003/2004 i believe... One said the channel was actually the soviet tv channel but they change the name and its policy and such.

Aniways just enjoy spain live tve on as5 its there an allways is around the clock as you know it my friend
Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #34
bartolo

Quote:
Aniways just enjoy spain live tve on as5 its there an allways is around the clock as you know it my friend
The only time we're tempted to look away from TVE is when they talk politics and Spanish current affairs. At that time, the RAI channel, especially with its abundant great looking women can be a nice distraction.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #35
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolo View Post
The only time we're tempted to look away from TVE is when they talk politics and Spanish current affairs. At that time, the RAI channel, especially with its abundant great looking women can be a nice distraction.
Yep i also try change channels when theres too much of the thing politic talks and current afairs all things matters.

la manana de la1
+ GENTE

Don't forget to watch in december good programes comming on tve1 international. Lots of christmas party programes music included for a good 8 hours non stop coverage in new years eve. La noche vieja.

are pretty damn good programes.

By the way abc australia tv. They should ever bring commercials or make channel 7 and channel 9 australia no more commercials. Like many channels across the world they seem to do the same thing they say no more commercial the end of history. Now they can control the network just like abc australia where abc australia all you see is just promos during breaks. Promos made of abc all programes.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #36
siliggy
Satellite Guru

Black screen on the old freq!
4009 v 9600 running only.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #37
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliggy View Post
Black screen on the old freq!
Yep black screen at my end too.. It seems to just happen after 6pm tonight EST australia time.

It is know available on the newer frequency (V) im picking it up the same as the old frequency at 55% which is still good quality on my plasma screen.

I really not sure which is better V or H

I feel sorry for many people who may yet not have a decent upgradable satellite receiver or at least a good LNB that picksup V/H. If not.. its time for many people to go get that dish upgraded or a new receiver. Im very happy with my HD receiver. And for a fact i almost pickup TVE INTERNATIONAL almost as HD it is i believe 578i which is close to HD with the HD sat receiver i own.

Last edited by vosgresenivk; 02-11-2011 at 11:20 AM.
vosgresenivk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #38
LeroyPatrol
Satellite Guru

Quote:
Yep black screen at my end too.. It seems to just happen after 6pm tonight EST australia time.

It is know available on the newer frequency (V) im picking it up the same as the old frequency at 55% which is still good quality on my plasma screen.

I really not sure which is better V or H

I feel sorry for many people who may yet not have a decent upgradable satellite receiver or at least a good LNB that picksup V/H. If not.. its time for many people to go get that dish upgraded or a new receiver. Im very happy with my HD receiver. And for a fact i almost pickup TVE INTERNATIONAL almost as HD it is i believe 578i which is close to HD with the HD sat receiver i own.
You can't almost pick up a HD channel. You either can or cant and then it has to be a HD transmission. The transmission is NOT HD. But the quality will look better through a HD box via the HDMI output due to upscaling the 576i to 1080i.

Leroy
UltraPlus X-9200HD / Mediastar HD8200S - Fast blindscanning TWIN DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners, Azbox Ultra for 4:2:2 feeds and blindscanning with 2.3m C/Ku-Band motorised mesh, 85cm Ku multi lnb setup, patented 85cm veranda mount
LeroyPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #39
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

True i understand leroypatrol. Thats why i get TVE spain in high quality viewing its almost like viewing SD channel.. Nothing lower then that.

I with a good STRONG sat receiver gives me the aportunity since the TVE is transmiting in 576i and im able to view it to that.

For these with a low end receiver you be able to watch it but you will see a much better quality picture and sound if you folks where to buy a better Satellite receiver... I mean buy one that picks up HD satellite channels... Mmine brand is under my signature below.
Im very pleased and happy with my receiver.

Also just to imform many spanards speaking bacground out there that if you cant pickup the new frequency for the TVE it means you need to sort your LNB and LNB wont cost you heaps now days..... Best you buy one that picksup H/V Course thats what i have.

And secondly a good quality Satellite receiver.. I normaly buy them online due to the fact that msot satellite stores across my city they only seem to sale cheap ends meet receivers or tiny satellite receiver that cost under 100 or so.... And these receivers wont do much great when it comes to wanting to pickup HD channels and improve TVE spain quality picture/sound to your television.

I would recommend the receiver i own. Im pretty happy with it.. yes it did cost me quite abit.. around under 400 dollars. But it has alot of features and lets me view TELETEXT TVE live aswell and digital radio and all that international stuff too.

I would not recommend one of these cheap satellite receivers unless your happy with these... But im not going on debate on that course there are a few workers who do come to this forum and they sale these type cheap satellites.. However these cheap sat receiver do well too.. don't get me wrong. But i would personaly in my opinion buy a quality satellite receiver... that not only lets you pickup HD content channels by satellite but also knowing your going to view TVE spain in 576i to 1080i since thats how i view it on my giant plasma screen...

tve is not HD but it looks close to it most of the times when they have programing and the picture is superb.. So the brand i own is called STRONG. but it does cost fair abit.. around that rpice mark 400ish.... Visit STRONG website for many other models too.

But anyone here can also recommend other brands aswell.. But remember you want a good quality satellite receiver... Getting a cheap ends meet receiver will still do you good work but the picture is slightly lesss quality then a expensive receiver.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #40
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

But for all means these spanish people who needs help what happen to TVE on the old frequency well the channel has moved to a new frequency.. still on the same satellite Asia sat5. But to pickup the new frequency tve spain.. you must RE-SCAN your receiver to pickup up to date.... And if that doesnt work... best you BLIND SCAN.

And if your receiver does not contian Blindscan then you need to make your mind up about time to upgrade your receiver.

Also you must know either your LNB is V/H if its just one of them letters then your chance is.. you wont be able to pickup the TVE on the new frequency.

Oh and the frequency stays the same quality as the old one....

So Make sure your LNB is H/V
and then re-scan your receiver.

If that doesn't work then you need a new LNB and it would cost you around a few dollars to about roughly 100 or so dollars but its cheap now days.

Then ones thats sorted.. re-scan your receiver. If that doesnt improves you need to upgrade a good quality satellite receiver.

------------------IN SPANISH LANGUAGE for the due respect on these who may not fully understand whats going on:

Bueno todo los espanoles en australia... la frequencia de television espanola tve am cambiado de frequencia y necitas escanar tu receptor... si eso no funciona.. necitas un nuevo LNB que de podra costar porai entre 50 asta 200 dollares. y si tienes problemas.. porfavor escribame un mensaje personal.

-----------------------------------

Sorry folks about that spanish translation there.. just quick reminder for these who may still have alittle trouble with thier receiver or LNB and cant pick it up. Its quite simple.

Anyways all good. allways here and i try to help anyone i could

VOS.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
Deliverance

Thanks vosgresenivk, good of you to go through all that information.
Even in Spanish!
Deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #42
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverance View Post
Thanks vosgresenivk, good of you to go through all that information.
Even in Spanish!
No problems Deliverance.
Just tried to make it slightly alittle easier for these speaking language.

And also keep in mind folks that if you have a good antenna like mine and have a decent V/H lnb and yet you can not find tve spain even if you tried to re-scan. Well the option is that you will need to look for a good brand satellite receiver.. Dont just buy a cheap ends meet receiver as ive seen around.. But dont hold me to that.. Everyone opinion in buying cheap or good or bad brands.

Mine is call STRONG it cost me fair abit but does a brilliant job and makes TVE so pleasant viewing on a plasma screen by all means.

TVE is always on ASIA SAT sattelite.. The satellite was called ASIA SAT2 But they changed it to ASIA SAT5

Dont worry about the satellite name has been change over a year or so... All you just need to do is know that everything stays the same on that satellite.. Dont worry about the name of the satellite as2 or as5

What you need to do first is tune in tve you could even try do it manually.. depends what type of satellite receiver you have... if your receiver doesnt let you manually find a specified channel then your receiver isnt a good brand nor a good receiver.

If it doesnt even have blind scan then your receiver may not be one of the good ones around. But really to begin with all this... just re-scan your receiver and wait till its done. If it doesnt show TVE on the new frequency then my theory is that it has something to do with your poor receiver.

If your satellite dish is pointed well to AS2(as5) and haved allways watch tve in good quality... then it has upsolutely nothing to do with your dish.. and if your LNB is V/H then your all set.. and all you need to focus is your satellite receiver.....

But just to be very sure... its best you call a technical support who would come around to tune it for you.

Sometimes theres a hickup where most poor branded receivers will not be a powerful one to gian these channels... But it could simply be anything.

Ive heard many people out there that they try to re-scan as5 but they cant find tve.......

But before you call a technical support tech out there... make sure you try and see if your receiver lets you manually tune the frequency rather then scan... if you can do it and you tried it but still no succesfull.. then i best you to call one of the satellite gurus out there.

And i can't give you which is any good satellite tehnicals out there course they allways change one location to the next.. But good luck amigos around australia and even new zealanders who may be reading this.

Remember im not a tech guy on this but i know and understand most things...

I own a good receiver i get more then meets the eye with it... blindscan/// scan and much more.

Good luck people just hope this goes out across the internet who ever may be one of the people trying to figuire out how to get tve... Its not too dificult to get the channel..

It just means its your receiver may not be a good one.. if your receiver doesnt do blind scan and doesnt let you manual type the frequency.. then your receiver is one poor potatoe box guess you need to upgrade a good one.. And they not too expensive for a good one... mine did cost me alittle because it has more features with it.. would last me a good 10 year happyness with it.. until its time to upgrade again.

cheers
Time for a cold drink and a slice of spanish salami here

vos
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #43
vosgresenivk
Satellite Guru

To help you alitle more folks

this is the model receiver i own since last year..
http://www.strong.com.au/SRT%204910.htm
It costed me around under 400 dollars.. Not cheap at all.. But same time i wouldnt want to buy a cheap little receiver from a shop where it doesnt have blind scan or manual scan.

However sometimes cheap models can also be as good.. just means you wont be able to see much channels and temporary channels allways poping up now and then.

Remember ASIASAT-2 has been change its number to ASIASAT-5 the name of the satellite number has nothing to do with tve or any other channels... Course TVE is at the same time transmiting on many other overseas SATELLITES all the way to USA and europe and many others.. plenty satellites.. But we only receive tve on asiasat5 of course.

Here is a small LIST of STRONG models receivers to have a look at:
http://www.strong.com.au/Sat%20Range.htm

I believe there are some what more different earlier and latest models by STRONG somewhere around australian websites..

I personaly brought mine from a up north of brisbane one of a small store where they sale antenas and some few satellite receivers.

Dont be confused with the digital set top box course one is satellite receiver while the other is not .

If the satellite receivers isnt the issue...
then you really need to check if your LNB is corrected V/H

The LNB should look like this on your dish
http://www.strong.com.au/L927.htm

with V/H

goodluck and im sure anyone out there may be able to give more options and helpful tips.

Im sure there are other good brand receivers.. But in my opinion i go for STRONG.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #44
bartolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliggy View Post
Is this station down for anybody else?

Signal coming in strong but black screen only.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #45
carjackma

Quote:
To help you alitle more folks

this is the model receiver i own since last year..
http://www.strong.com.au/SRT%204910.htm
It costed me around under 400 dollars.. Not cheap at all.. But same time i wouldnt want to buy a cheap little receiver from a shop where it doesnt have blind scan or manual scan.

However sometimes cheap models can also be as good.. just means you wont be able to see much channels and temporary channels allways poping up now and then.

Remember ASIASAT-2 has been change its number to ASIASAT-5 the name of the satellite number has nothing to do with tve or any other channels... Course TVE is at the same time transmiting on many other overseas SATELLITES all the way to USA and europe and many others.. plenty satellites.. But we only receive tve on asiasat5 of course.

Here is a small LIST of STRONG models receivers to have a look at:
http://www.strong.com.au/Sat%20Range.htm

I believe there are some what more different earlier and latest models by STRONG somewhere around australian websites..

I personaly brought mine from a up north of brisbane one of a small store where they sale antenas and some few satellite receivers.

Dont be confused with the digital set top box course one is satellite receiver while the other is not .

If the satellite receivers isnt the issue...
then you really need to check if your LNB is corrected V/H

The LNB should look like this on your dish
http://www.strong.com.au/L927.htm

with V/H

goodluck and im sure anyone out there may be able to give more options and helpful tips.

Im sure there are other good brand receivers.. But in my opinion i go for STRONG.
do you work for strong? the 4910 aint that wonderful and is overpriced
very little firmware support.
so unless you want terrestrial and sat there are other hd boxes that give good upcaling results as well as good hd pics for less money.
i mean its not even a twin tuner . I think my openbox is on par picture wise to my strong and the openbox has far better firmware support .
and if you want a decent priced hd box Id look at what leroy sells.
carjackma is offline   Reply With Quote